Job Title: Sr. SDE – Java
Location: Dubai, U.A.E
NOTE: Please do not apply if you are not a suitable match for this particular role.
We are searching for a Sr. software development Engineer (Java) for one of our elite client to develop and enhance their products. You should have experience in a mission critical environment, preferably in Airline industry.
Duties and responsibilities
- Translate the functional requirements into the specification of functional processes, program modules and data definitions
- Work with the database administrators, functional experts to design, estimate and build file structures to support the functional processes providing documentation and reference for specifications, design, code development, testing and support
- Ensure that staff maintaining and performing software systems understand user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design and development within time and cost constraints
- Investigates and corrects software defects and analyzes and maintains data quality
- Mentors and trains both peers and software development staff in areas of domain expertise and internal procedures.
- Plan and assist with the testing of modules by doing code reviews as well as integration testing
- 5-8 years’ experience in JAVA and J2EE technologies.
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years’ of hands on experience in Core Java, JSP, JS, HTML, BootStrap, JQuery, Struts, XML, SQL and Hibernate.
- Hands on experience of IDE like Eclipse, Servers like Weblogic, JBOSS
- Airline domain background preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts, relational logical modeling, estimation, best practices, and physical designs involving optimization
- Ability to work in agile environment
- Ability to handle teams working in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)