Position: Pattern Maker
Location: Al Ain, U.A.E
Market Standard Salary + Accommodation + Transport + Other Benefits
Note: We will consider outstation candidates as well.
Must be a Tagalog speaker
- Compute dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of material.
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
- Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
- Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
- Test patterns by making and fitting sample garments.
- At least 3-5 years experience in the same filed.
- Graduation in Pattern making (Fashion Designing)
- Good knowledge of pattern making