Position: Buyer (Sports/Camping Goods)
Salary: AED 8000+Benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sourcing new product/brands relevant to the market
- Building ranges/categories in a logical manner
- Understanding and maintaining OTB budgets
- Showcase a good understanding of product information/product knowledge
- Maintain good supplier relationships
- Assist with in-store merchandising to be aligned with seasonal buys
- Store staff product training and development
- Analyzing category performance at regular intervals
- Conduct competitors analysis
- Attend international trade shows and retail visits for better understanding of the global market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of understanding on MS Office, especially Excel
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Display a high level of organizational skills and be able to priorities
- Negotiate with Suppliers to ensure margin targets are achieved and exceeded
- Implement strategies to ensure that All stock is managed inside allocated budgets
- Ensure that the department is filled to appropriate stock levels in accordance with the OTB.
- Work with suppliers/distributors on actual distribution of product to stores
- Manage bulk inventory, confirming allocation, ship dates, cancel dates, cancellation of product
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of inventory levels and pricing.
- Well-spoken and excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Office 365.
• At least 3 years of buying experience.
• UAE experience is a must.