Job Title : Leasing Manager
Position Reports to: Property Manager
Position Supervises: Leasing administration staff
Note: Resumes without luxury retail leasing experience (3+) will not be considered for this role.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the existing and new space in the facility in order to maximize commercial return. Cultivate new and existing client relationships. Ensure all retail space is occupied and leased at the appropriate rental rate.
MAIN DUTIES OF POSITION:
To ensure the leasing process of all commercial space is carried out correctly and efficiently. Responsible for managing the brand portfolio within the facility, ensuring Company and customer objectives are met.
- Develop and implement an attainable leasing plan for the facility, to ensure all available space is leased in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify brands that would fit the profile of a luxury facility and develop relationships with preliminary clients.
- Prepare project feasibility to negotiate with brand owners/retailers who do not have any presence in this market yet.
- Maintain good working relations with all existing facility tenants. .
- Show new tenants unit. Negotiate lease rental rates based on initial offer as appropriate. Negotiate with tenants any amendments to terms and conditions if necessary.
- Finalize new and renewal leases with Tenant and or their legal department if necessary.
- Review monthly Bad Debts report with the GM – Property and suggest/, recommend appropriate action for recovery.
- Set new lease rates and renewal rates in consultation with the GM – Property.
- Re-market empty properties (commercial and retail).
- Conduct periodic market survey on rental rates charged by other facilities, prepare report on the finding to discuss the same with General Manager to make any revisions in our rates if necessary
- Work with Assistant Operations Manager to ensure that Retail tenants are all time satisfied with the services provided by the facility management in the area of cleaning, security and customer service.
- Work closely with GM to ensure that the Retail tenants are satisfied with the services provided by the facility management in the area of general maintenance, of the Air conditioning, Electricals, Plumbing etc.
- Prepare a monthly occupancy summary detailing occupied space and vacant space by each phase of the facility which are vacant, reasons for vacancy and any action to reduce vacant space in future
- Prepare and forward to GM- Property, on a monthly basis, lease negotiations carried out with various brand owners/Retailers for leasing space at the facility. This report must indicate the rent, location, total area proposed etc.
- Prepare the yearly budget for leasing department in consultation with GM- Property or/and with other Departmental Managers.
- Review monthly Operating Results for your department with GM-Property to recommend for improvements in any area if necessary
- Work closely with the Marketing team to assist in formulating successful marketing plans for the facility/site.
- Act as an ambassador for the business promoting the facility’s image, values and objectives and develop new business opportunities.
- Maintain and develop effective working relations with external clients, owners and brand partners.
- Check all documents which are issued to Tenants
- Attend meetings with other departments on-site when required.
- Any other duties as required by management.