Job Title : Director of Projects
Salary: Upto AED 55K
The role of the Director of Projects is to direct all business concerns, day-to-day operations, determine and formulate policies and provide direction to the Projects Department. Lead the management of the projects to ensure plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct and manage projects development from beginning to end, ensuring timely project delivery, project management, cost control and customer satisfaction
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project expectations to senior management and stakeholders
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Bachelors in relevant Engineering / Construction field, MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years direct work experience in large-scale, mixed-use projects at least 5 years should have been in a similar position
- Familiarity with UAE construction contractors and consultants, experience in the Development side preferred
- Has good track record of medium / large projects
- Certification in Project Management is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Primavera & Microsoft Project, technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft, AutoCAD