Job Title : Group IT Manager
Location : Dubai
Salary : Upto 45K + Benefits
Note : Salary Depends on skills and experience
Must have managed a team of around 30+ IT professionals in a bigger group in UAE, Oman/ Qatar locations.
Must have a technical or business degree.
Position Purpose :
Overall group- wide ICT operations and security of UAE/ Qatar IT operations.
Manage the day to day operations of the IT department reporting to the Managing Director.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Working closely with the ERP team to ensure all projects in hard are on time and delivered within time-frames set out.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Group ICT Operations Overview
- Currently around 600 users/desktops connecting to a Wide Area Network (WAN) on a Heterogeneous network running Microsoft and LINUX servers
- Group wide border security is employed by way of Firewalls
- One hundred servers made up of physical and Virtual comprising production, file, backup, SAN, Blades
- Backup and recovery systems are in place
- The IT department has a full complement of support persons employing an internationally accepted standard support structure of Helpdesk, Desktop, Network, Applications, Web and Applications development and Oracle ERP support units
- Custom applications for various business units have been developed and are supported in house as are all ERP functions
- The group employs group wide network, desktop, server and applications management tools
- Focus is placed on first level resolution with 67% of all issues resolved at this level and remaining issues escalated internally and or to support vendors
- ICT support extends to the company owner and senior management computing needs
- While there is no SLA in place the issue ticketing, tracking and reporting system works on a pre-defined SLA with alerting and escalation procedures for all logged issues
- If your profile is 80% match for this role then please forward the copy of your CV to JimmyATmacgroup.mePlease retrain from applying if your profile is not a good match for this role .