Job Title : Group Head – Internal Audit Team
Location : Dubai
Salary : AED 25K
Note: MUST HAVE TEAM MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN A LARGE GROUP WITH DIVERSIFIED BUSINESS
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this specific role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
Group Head – Internal Audit Team directs a comprehensive program of internal audit for the organization to ensure that internal control systems for reliability and integrity of financial, operational and information technology are reviewed at appropriate intervals and effective recommendations are made for corrective actions as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Internal Audit Charter and champion the internal audit function throughout the organization.
- Development of the strategic annual audit plan. This will define the audit assignments to be done on yearly basis.
- Develop and present a risk based AAP (Annual Audit Plan) for the year. This includes operational audit, performance, compliance audit with the policies and procedures, financial audit and information technology audit.
- Lead the preparation of financial and manpower budgets of Internal Audit for the year, coordinate the internal audit recruitment process, prepare, update and maintain the Internal Audit Manual to International Internal Auditing Standards (IIA).Responsible for the delivery of audit assignments.
- Monitor the implementation of the internal audit plan and suggest changes to the plan when required and approve the changes accordingly.
- Develop and present the risk assessment table for the organisation/business unit’s process identified in the internal audit plan.
- Meet the internal audit team and agree and set the expectation for the audit assignment as per the AAP and co-develop the risk assessment with the team and client and communicate risks to the Managing Director and/or Head of Finance.
- Prepare, update and maintain the Internal Audit Manual to International Internal Auditing Standards (IIA).
- Obtain approval for the AAP and present the Internal Audit findings to the MD/Head of Finance(Audit Committee) on quarterly basis.
- Ensure internal audit team complies with the Internal Audit Charter and follow the procedures of Internal Audit Manual.
- Ensure proper professional development for the internal audit staff, including proper training, counselling and implementation of transparent appraisal system.
- Plan the execution of special investigations requested by the Audit Committee.
- Plan follow-up assignments for the audits completed during the year. This will include the follow-up on the implementation of the actions agreed with the management based on the recommendations raised.
- Report to the Audit Committee and the status of the follow-ups.
- Audit planning including co-develop the expectation, planning meetings, resources planning and review of understanding the business and testing strategy.
- Maintain the final review on audit files and working papers prepared by the audit manager and staff to ensure of proper coverage of scope and the meeting of the audit objectives.
- Ensure all audit findings and recommendations are communicated to the top management and the appropriate executive personnel on timely basis with the proper shape and quality.
- Work closely with top management to understand the strategic objectives and plans of the group and reflect them in the annual audit plan of the department.
- Audit reporting, supervision of staff and professional conduct and development including training and counselling and staff appraisals.
- Any other related duties as requested by management.
- International Accounting / Auditing Qualification: CA, CIA, ACCA or CIMA.
- 8+ years experience in Public Accounting, Auditing, Audit Management, Budget, Business Plan, Business Strategy, preferably with a Big Audit Firm.
- Knowledge of best practice reporting and IIA Standards.
- Engagement in professional certification activities. Professional audit certification encouraged.
- High potential who can evolve with the company growth
- Well organized, self-motivated, managerial and leading approach
- Willingness to have a different opinion, ability to articulate
thoughts and concepts
- Able to positively negotiate desired outcomes when faced with issues, opposing views or obstacles
- Ability to communicate and work with Key management for decision making.
- Able to efficiently organise projects to deliver in a timely manner
- Able to communicate effectively with others in written, verbal or presentation format
- Management of projects in time efficient and cost effective manner.
- Works co-operatively with others to get the best out of the team as opposed to working separately or competitively. entities and business units.
- Negotiation Skills
- Managerial skills
- Problem Solving
- Organizing and Planning Ability
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.