Position: Hair Stylist
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
Job Summary & Purpose:
- The Hairstylist is responsible for creating, developing and enhancing their client’s personal appearance and features.
- This role interacts face-to-face with customers, simultaneously providing customer service, personal services, promoting / selling beauty products to customers and drawing attention through demonstration.
- Attending and participating actively to continuous professional development initiatives proposed by the management such as training and demonstrations is a critical aspect of this position, as it is taking part to the launch and presentation of new treatments.
- Responsible to perform all hair and makeup services as per spa standard.
- Make a proper client consultation and demonstrate excellent service, talking to clients about how they want their hair done, giving them advice and suggesting style ideas
- Provide hair services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating scalp providing end-to-end service, from preparation and planning of the treatments, to ensuring that finished results are to client’s satisfaction. May also apply makeup, dress wigs.
- Develop new styles and techniques
- Advise on minor hair and scalp problems
- Maintain a professional, co-operative and friendly attitude
- Operate job card and give it to the reception to receive the payment
- Keep the spa equipment in good condition
- Use products in the right amount to avoid wastage
- Greet and welcome all guests with professionalism, creating a personal rapport with each customer, whilst being respectful to the demographic of the individual.
- Act as a brand ambassador, giving customers a positive impression of self and the organization, and following corporate guidelines on personal grooming and uniform wearing.
- Address customers and co-workers with polished, suave and sophisticated tone of voice and body language
- Create a personal rapport with each customer, whilst being respectful to the demographic of the individual.
- Maintain a professional, co-operative and friendly attitude
- Conduct self and communicate with co-workers and customers with elegance and distinction
- Ensure the best services in the SPA and rigorously perform duties respecting the time schedule
- Flexible with customers’ schedule to support the commercial requirements of the establishment
- Handle and resolve all customer enquiries and complaints professionally and courteously
- Constantly keep up-to-date own knowledge of all merchandise and treatments offered by the spa and of their prices
- Demonstrate and sell products, cosmetics, and treatments, consistently looking at ways of cross selling and upselling products and treatments within own area of work as well as of the other areas.
- Meet and exceed sales targets as established and agreed with spa management.
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as new treatments provided
- Assist in making appointments
- Maintain inventory of materials, tools and other consumables of own work station, notifying the spa Manager of any low merchandise and following up with orders to ensure that these are placed and delivered on time.
- Assist in the receipt of deliveries of merchandise
- Contribute to team cohesion and effectiveness by working effectively with co-workers, customers and others and by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner
- Listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others
- Keep commitments, and keep others informed of work progress, timetables and issues
- Address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions
- Address others by name, title or other respectful identifier and respect the diversity of the workforce in action, words, and deeds
- Provide training, guidance and direction to juniors and new joiners, ensuring understanding and compliance with the brand’s quality standards and customer service, motivating them, and contributing positively to their skills development
- Report to management about matters related to guests or staff requiring attention
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs after each use as per standard
- Clean tools and work areas regularly
- Make sure that hair products containing chemicals are used and stored correctly
- Ensure punctuality at all times
- Ensure that own personal grooming and uniform wearing are constantly in line with corporate’s guidelines.
- Ensure respect of guests’ privacy and modesty at all times
- Ensure adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Perform other duties as and when required by the Line Manager
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent product knowledge
- General awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in a spa
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills / consultation
- Good organization skills
- Good retail and sale skills
- Good time management skills
- Working understanding of hair treatment, cutting, coloring, styling techniques and makeup services
- Fluent in English
- Ability to maintain professional co – operative and friendly attitude
- Ability to multi-task and maintain style.
- Ability to resolve conflict and customer complaints
- Ability to maintain a clean space and environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Some creative flair
- Able and willing to follow instructions
- Apply spa grooming standards
- Ability to up-sell and cross-promote
- Team player
- 3-4 years of experience in a beauty spa / salon or similar environment in a Hairstylist capacity.
- School Completion Certificate (A-Level Equivalent) preferred
- Professional qualification or training in Hair Styling / Hair Dressing/ Hair Design would be of advantage
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.