NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
Baker produces a variety of bakery and confectionery goods for company’s retail and wholesale customers. The role involves performing various functions to achieve delicious products ( breads, cakes, pies, pastries etc.)
Weigh out precise amount of baking ingredients using scales or graduated containers
- Assess the quality of raw materials before baking to ensure conformance to set standards
- Uniformly mix ingredients using automated equipment such as blenders and mixers
- Knead dough manually or with the aid of a kneading machine
- Establish production schedule and set quota for the number of goods to be produced on daily basis
- Maintain good knowledge of complex industrial mixing machine and how to operate them
- Maintain a clean and hygienic work area in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Decorate baked products by applying icings, toppings and glaze to achieve a finished appearance
- Conduct research to develop original recipes for baked products
- Direct and supervise the activities of production staff to ensure products are up to standard
- Ensure proper storage of baking utensils and supplies
- Oversee the routine maintenance of baking equipment to ensure efficient operations
- Train new recruits on baking techniques and procedures
- Manage inventory levels and order supplies before they are used up
- Package and distribute products to wholesalers and retailers
- Maintain accurate record of baking operations to ensure profitability
- Adjust thermostatic controls to regulate temperature of oven
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets before depositing in ovens for baking.
- Receive bakery goods, check specifications, ensure appropriate storing and contribute to stocking the bakery station with the right items
- Bake all items in conformity with the set specifications and as per the instructions of the Sous Chef
- Follow adequate hygienic procedures and guidelines as set for the brand, ensure that health and safety regulations are followed at all times, and report discrepancies to hierarchy
- Comply with the set statutory regulations
Culinary Standards and Responsibilities:
- Support Sous Chef to create new ideas and items for bakery/pastry kitchen.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Prepares food of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Support achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Accomplish daily bakery/pastry operations work.
- Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
- The baker role does not require any formal education .
- Knowledge of math in weighing and mixing precise quantity of ingredients
- Physical Stamina: Must be able to carry out job duties while standing on feet for extended periods
- Attention to details: They closely monitor baking process to ensure final products meet set standards
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
This posting is just an outline of the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position, there is more to being a member of this client so just keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of everything the job will entail. Your duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.