Title: Executive Bakery/Pastry Chef
Salary: AED 7K + Benefits
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
Accountable for overall success of the daily bakery/pastry operations. Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all pastry areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all pastry food preparation areas.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in bakery food and beverage domain performing in the similar or closely related role.
Leading the Discipline Teams
- Supervises and manages employees; understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in bakry/pastry preparation.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Supervises pastry preparation shift operations.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Represents the property in media events as needed.
- Facilitates pastry classes for customers and the community.
Culinary Standards and Responsibilities:
- Develops, designs, or creates new ideas and items for bakery/pastry kitchen.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Exceptional Customer Service:
- Monitors and provides service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Supports service by communicating and assisting employees to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Sets and supports achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Provides specific guidance to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily bakery/pastry operations work.
- Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
Human Resource Activities:
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
This posting is just an outline of the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position, there is more to being a member of this client so just keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of everything the job will entail. Your duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.