Title: Sr. Chef De Partie – Portioning
Salary: AED 6K
Benefits:Duty-Meals + Medical Insurance + & Airfare for self(24 Months)
Work-Days: 6 Days/Week
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
The Senior Chef De Partie will be responsible for the portioning team. He will also be responsible for how the portioning team portions the food, ensures that it is up to company specifications.
He is also responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation in order to deliver high quality food. A Sr.Chef de Partie is also responsible to assist with food cost controls.
- Responsible for monitoring Food processing and portioning, Work flow, Finished Product Quality, Production Scheduling, Inventory Control, Food Cost and Quality Assurance are the basic tasks
- To ensure that the food is portioned in a healthy, clean and hygienic environment and premises according to company standards
- Controlling underproduction and overproduction to ensure meeting production requirement to reduce waste and increase production efficiency
- Responsible for Quality Assurance Program as opening and closing check list, production evaluation form and retention samples
- To complete all control documentation and production records as instructed by his line manager in order to achieve the ISO Standards accreditation
- To recommend changes, reduction or addition in commissary work hours, recipes setting and adjustment, staff levels, problem areas, or capital equipment need
- Responsible for training and performance improvement of Portioning Crew
- To prioritize and plan work activities, uses time and resources efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives and works in an organized manner
- To monitor own work to ensure quality, keeps abreast of current developments
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with company security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Senior Chef de Partie(Portioning).
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative and handle stress well
- Ability to manage and prioritize
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to various competing demands
This posting is just an outline of the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position, there is more to being a member of this client, so just keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of everything the job will entail. Your duties, responsibilities and activities may change as per business requirements.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.