Title : General Manager
Location : Dubai
Salary : Upto AED 18K
Work-Days : 6 Days/Week
- Do you still love start-up culture, think/live 24/7 with the spark of an entrepreneur ?
- Do you have experience in leading, managing and aggressively scaling up ‘premium quality’ food production unit or chain of outlets in U.A.E (B2C + B2B ) ?
- Do you still hold the passion/drive, energy, time and a focused mindset to make a ‘premium quality’ family run production/retail-chain facility to be the go-to brand in the region ?
- Do you have the passion to drive your business and your team to be their best while having fun doing it ?
If your answer is Yes to all of the above questions then we would like to propose you for the General Manager role with our elite client which is a premium brand.
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. This is a “Plug and Play” role to get risk-free quick-results for a family business . Due to our limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates can be contacted but we would always consider your profile for other suitable roles. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes. Hiring preference always depend on candidates’ skills/experience/knowledge and other attributes which are suitable for client’s customer demographics to gain better revenue/customer experience.
Our client, a multicultural organization, embraces the culture of workplace diversity without compromising candidates’ performance/qualifications. The client values individuality and offers an inclusive work environment.
The General Manager is responsible for driving sales, probability and seamless operation in accordance with the annual budget and delivering superior customer experience and the highest quality products to customers.
- Lead your team to deliver premium quality food and the kind of service that makes people smile and return and tell everyone what a great product/service/experience they had .
- Develop and coach your team to work together in delivering amazing products/service/experience.
- Drive your business! Analyze your results to determine what your teams should deliver every day. Work with your teams to find new customers and bring them to the outlet.
- Act as a company ambassador and embody the company values: world’s best product, exceptional guest service, innovation, community, cleanliness, and a great place to work.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the stores – people, guests, and business. It sounds easy, but is pretty complex as production team operates all day long – so you’ll move between these three areas multiple times in a day.
- Create the environment – you set the tone for the behavior in your workplace – act with energy, a smile, care, integrity, honesty, and knowledge.
- Work a varied schedule to ensure you see every part of the business day.
- Executes a flawless operations of the production facility and stores .
- Builds genuine customer connections and delivers world class hospitality to Makes Days Better and holds team members accountable to the same standard
- Prepares for and recovers from peak customer demands by adjusting labor plan and deployment as necessary
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, including meal and rest periods etc.
- Executes marketing initiatives and campaigns .
- Ensures stores training to foster team member development and succession planning.
- Ensures effective cross-training of team members and that checklists and training trackers are followed and complete
- Builds a fundamentally sound team through constant recruiting (both active and passive)
- Partners with Market Manager and HR to ensure disciplinary documentation is prepared and delivered in a timely manner
- Does not tolerate poor performance and addresses performance issues in real time and makes changes as necessary
- Provides constant feedback both in the moment and through more formalized performance reviews, casual chats .
- Oversees all HR related activities.
- Manages P&L with a primary focus on labor as well as other operating expenses.
- Builds efficient work schedules that are consistent with sales forecasts and budgets
- Reviews Culinary schedules to ensure that total store coverage is accounted for
- Ensures daily cash deposits are accurate and deposited at bank (as appropriate)
- Prepares paperwork and maintains records.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are being followed
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment in accordance with the Excellence Log and health department standards
- Ensures that the Pest Elimination & Chemical standards are consistently maintained
- Manages unscheduled facility maintenance as needed
- A natural leader that creates an environment in which employees aspire to great things in the way they act, think and perform their jobs.
- Committed to exceptional guest service, going above and beyond, and doing whatever it takes to make the guest happy.
- A neat freak who happily enforces safety and sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of production facilities and stores including compliance with operational standards, company policies, emirate’s regulations/laws, and ordinances.
- A daily problem solver who can quickly create solutions for daily issues that arise.
- A leader that leads by example and inspires your team to constantly be their best.
- Detail-oriented and positive by nature with a natural smile that is always on.
- Insert all the other good things YOU would want in a co-worker.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive management and leadership experience at premium brands.
- A degree of some sort that shows us you love to learn. Hospitality or restaurant management degrees are preferred, but if you can relate psychology to cupcakes, we can’t wait to hear how.
- Excellent judgment, communication skills and business acumen.
- Task juggling abilities as you work well under pressure with a smile and great personal energy as you bring your teams together – leading a busy operations team while leading a world class guest service team.
- Good physical stamina and energy. Must be able to move around the stores in Dubai .
This posting is just an outline of the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position, there is more to being a member of the team, so just keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of everything the job will entail. Your duties, responsibilities and activities may change as per business requirements.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. Mail CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements/customer demographics.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . We urge majority of the Hiring Managers who work with us to use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Nature of the job, Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business/customers. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.