Title: Restaurant Manager
Salary: Upto AED 14.5K + Excellent Benefits
CVs to ResumeATmacgroup.me
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this specific role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
Note: Due to business reasons Hiring Manager may give higher preference to candidates who worked in European region who can speak fluent English. Must have around 3+ years of restaurant management experience. Female candidates will be given higher preference to neutralize the existing gender imbalance.
Is to direct, control and organize all staff, within your direct span of control, ensuring customer requirements are satisfied; to assume overall responsibility for the running of the restaurant; to maintain an open and accurate channel of communication with the entire management Team; to implement, control & review all procedures relating to stock control, cash handling, purchasing and stock & waste disposal as relevant to the restaurant. Attain overall outlet goals, budgeted financial results and objectives of the Restaurant.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- To ensure all operations standards are adhered to in order to achieve highest level of guest service standards.
- By doing table visits and or constantly doing rounds in the restaurants will help you ensuring all specs are being followed by each staff member.
- Provide constructive feedback on pre-shift meetings regarding previous shifts.
- Motivate every staff member to up sell.
- To delegate responsibility to subordinates and to check their performance.
- To help you meet the deadlines, reach the target; achieve better performance from staff members inform and or delegates to your subordinates. “Two heads are better than one”.
- To maximize your subordinate’s potentials, your constant constructive feedback of their performance is the key.
- To create and implement special promotions and events.
- In every business there is lean season, this is where we get creative with our sales and marketing strategies. As a manager it is your responsibility to come
- up with something to ensuring budgets are met on these seasons.
- To create and maintain all staff files.
- Keep a record of training files, refresher test, contact sheets and reports concerning an individual.
- To conduct ongoing staff evaluations. Contact file, one on one, biyearly evaluations
- There are forms created for these exercise, ensure they are adhere with no fail and as per designated months or dates.
- Procedures, honest and fair feedback from you is highly recommended during the exercise.
- To liase with kitchen during operations to ensure food quality is up to the specified standard.
- Ensure line check is carried out before beginning of the each shifts in the presence of the Chef.
- Constantly relay all food feedbacks to Chef.
- To oversee all reservations and booking and to ensure a proper guest flow in the restaurant
- This is part of your opening duties ensure you are aware of how many reservations every shift and that hostess have assigned table for each.
- To do 100% table visits and ensure guest comfort
- This does not only make sure that everyone is happy with every guests dining experience. But also to gather guest direct feedbacks.
- To handle guest complaints and rectify the issues that resulted in the complaints.
- To do informative daily staff briefing
- Must be carried out before shifts start, briefing must be informative, fun and motivational.
- Evaluate training requirements of the staff and conduct training
- The shopper report is a very useful tool to evaluate training requirements.
- It is a must that at least 2 trainings is conducted every month & refresher test.
- To conduct orientation of all new staff as per the set guidelines
- Orientation is although done by training manager, it is your responsibility to arrange another orientation focusing your respective outlet procedure & specs.
- To oversee training of new staff and ensure the training guidelines are being observed.
- There is a training guidelines and procedures to be followed for each new staff member training plan, ensure it is adhere and your feedback is convey to trainee whenever possible.
- To do a daily cleaning and maintenance walk through and ensure any problems are addressed.
- Cleaning walkthrough must be done at least 2 hours before operational hours. This to have sufficient time for whatever issues requires immediate attention. There will be maintenance person on duty any time of the day; there are just phone calls away.
- To ensure all cash handling procedures are being adhered to and do spot checks.
- To avoid any cash mishandling is to be vigilant and not letting anyone having a chance to even think about it is by constantly doing a surprise cash sweep and spot check.
- To ensure proper AV and lighting levels are maintained in the restaurant.
- There are lighting levels to be followed for certain period of the day and volume of crowd.
- To ensure all inventories are undertaken as per schedule
- Bar inventory weekly.
- Small ware inventory monthly.
- Kitchen inventory weekly.
- To review and evaluate any variances in the inventories and take action to rectify the problem areas.
- Provide written explanations on all inventory variances.
- To set par levels for all small ware and ensure there is no shortage of small operating equipment during operations.
- Create staff schedule keeping in mind business levels.
- Schedule must be created on a weekly basis, create schedule according to business needs.
- Create staff vacation planner.
- Vacation planner must be created with at least 12 months forecast. The best
- time to send staff on vacation is on summer time May to October.
- To do line checks in the bar and kitchen.
- To maintain staff/guest incident reports.
- Any incidents involving staff or guest an incident report must be filled in and filed regardless.
- Conduct interviews as per set guidelines.
- Check out all staff at the end of the shift.
- It is the MOD responsibility to cash out employees at the end of the shifts, ensure necessary checks are collected and signed if necessary.
- Keep staff motivated.
- There are many ways to motivate staff e.g. Upselling with prizes, games, activities.
- Conduct survey of competitors in the market
- Conducting survey to competitors can be by prices, type dishes, promos or special offers.
- Liase with HR depart for any staff issues.
- It could be disciplinary actions, medical issues, visa, vacations and attendance
Specific Areas of responsibilities
Food and Beverage Quality
- Ensure food and beverage quality and presentation is as per the specified standards.
- Do line checks in the bar and kitchen.
- Do regular food and beverage tasting.
- Do research on new food and beverage items for periodic menu change as per market demands.
- Ensure 100% availability of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- Do 100% table visits.
- Ensure mystery customer reports are conducted periodically.
- Ensure all guest are acknowledged on arrival and departure.
- Ensure acceptable ticket times.
- Do regular follow shifts to evaluate service standards.
- To conduct new staff orientation.
- Ensure all new staff undergo training as per specified standards.
- Ensure adequate staff levels by foreseeing requirements in the future.
- Conduct first interviews and recommend staff to senior management for hiring.
- Maintain staff contact files and provide feedback to staff.
- Set goals for each staff and help them achieve them.
- Conduct staff evaluations.
- Take disciplinary action when required.
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback.
- Create competitions and challenges for staff on regular basis.
- Ensure staff is always properly groomed and maintains proper hygiene.
Cleanliness and Maintenance
- Conduct daily cleaning and maintenance walkthrough and ensure any problem areas are addressed.
- Respond immediately to any cleanliness and maintenance problems during shift
- Schedule general cleaning once a month for all areas in the restaurant.
- Temperature Checks.
- Maintain proper Lighting levels.
- Maintain proper music selection and levels for different dining periods.
- Ensure staff in is well groomed and smiling.
- Schedule periodic inventories.
- Evaluation and rectify in variances in the inventories.
- Ensure all discount, void and comp procedures are being followed.
- Do bar till audits if required.
- Check all staff cash outs.
- Maintain manager’s cash float as per set standards.
- All petty cash vouchers should be forwarded to accounts for reimbursement immediately.
- Evaluate ongoing staff training requirements and conduct training sessions.
- Conduct Informative staff briefing to ensure staff is up to date with all promotions/specials.
- Always discuss previous shift in details and give pointers.
- Ensure all trainers are following the training guidelines.
- Maintain all training files.
- Create and update all staff files.
- Ensure staff time sheets are forwarded to accounts on time.
- Ensure purchase orders are submitted in advance for all requirements.
- Ensure HR requirements for staff are forwarded in time.
- Maintain proper filing system in the office.
- Ensure managers reports and checklist are used daily and filed.
- Maintain guest history log with help from host.
- Fill out staff and guest incident reports where required.
- Maintain Lost and found logbook.
- Create sales plan for the year.
- Prepare action plan for upcoming events and promotions and distribute. Responsibilities.
- Conduct regular competition surveys and evaluate own restaurant performance compared to competition.
- Plan menu changes and market though sales department’s
- Design and create collateral material for upcoming events and promotions with sales.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to ResumeATmacgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.