Title : Finance Director
Location : Dubai
Salary : Open
Benefits : Best in the current market
Job Type : Full-time
Mail CV : Resume@macgroup.me
Reports To : CFO
Key Skill: Finance Director with Strong Leadership Skills
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. This is a “Plug and Play” role to get risk-free quick-results for the business. Due to our limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates can be contacted but we would always map your profile for other suitable roles. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes. Hiring preference always depends on candidate’s skills/experience/knowledge and other attributes which are suitable for client’s internal/external customer demographics to gain better revenue/customer experience.
A stable exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance Director with strong leadership skills to join this confidential global group. The business divisions are undergoing a rapid phase of expansion with heavy funding.
Reporting to CFO. The key requirement of the post is to provide the necessary financial management and leadership to drive value creation for the business.
As an integral member of the leadership team, you will uphold the core values of the organization and will support and deputise for the CFO in his absence.
The role requires a strategic approach to help drive a continuous improvement culture and a “right first time” approach that embraces not just finance, but all activities of the business with the “hands on” skills to direct and oversee local finance activities, to work closely with multi- sites within U.A.E .
- As part of the Leadership Team, accountable for setting and implementing the strategic direction of the Company. Deliver the business strategy, goals and objectives through active involvement in improvement activities
- Oversee the accounting and finance function, provide leadership, direction and guidance to the team; act as a strategic business partner and “hands on” financial advisor to the management team
- Adopt a “can do” approach to managing, coaching performance review and development of the finance team
- Accurately report the financial results of the company, ensuring completion is timely and in accordance with Group Guidelines. Manage all financial/operational accounting activities including monthly accounts, balance sheet, cash flow statement, flash figures, payroll, cash management, costing and budgeting
- Prepare the year end statutory accounts, provide oversight in a strong working relationship with external auditors
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies & procedures. Identify opportunities to simplify control systems & enhance reporting
- Improve the visibility and responsiveness of the function, including better planning, effective budgets & forecasts
- Direct the monthly accounting close process on a timely basis, identify opportunities for streamlining
- Adopt a pro-active approach to the key business reporting information required for internal and Group reporting.
- Implement robust controls for managing costs, budgets, inventory, forecasting & profit determining activities
- Work with the CFO to support the future growth plans of the business
- Play a leading role in influencing strategic and local decision making
- Develop activity to drive and support employee engagement, enhance the profile of the finance across the business
- Regularly review departmental objectives with the CEO. Provide support in challenging existing practices, leaning out costs, implementing robust procedures and in optimizing operational efficiency
- Authority to evaluate/ approve expenditure:- report on approved projects & manage post approval tracking
- Approved signature for accounts, budgets, treasury matters, payroll, pensions admin and statutory payments
- Drive sustainable working capital improvement to enhance cash position and manage cash flow forecasts including some multi-currency treasury management
- Promote a culture of curiosity with managers regarding the numbers, demonstrate how they drive performance
- Work with the team to better understand cost structure, recharges, transfer pricing, gross margins, customer/product profitability; identify trends & implement corrective actions for adverse variances
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety, promote positive & safe working practices
- A Qualified Accountant with strong leadership skills who has worked in similar capacities of bigger groups.
- A track record of success in financial leadership and in building effective teams within a fast paced highly demanding environment.
- Strategically minded, but able to be operationally “hands-on” in an SME environment
- Experience of financial reporting and team responsibilities within an internationally focused, market-leading organisation with a corporate presence and global multi-site operations
- Strong track record of implementing process improvement and be able to create a “step change” in improvement
- Well-developed commercial skills: – able to act as an influential member of the senior management team, develop financial understanding and make a pro-active contribution across all activities of the business
- Process orientated:- able to make improvements that will enhance income, profitability and drive out costs
- Excellent financial and analytical skills:- ability to interpret data/trends that support more informed decision making
- Able to develop good working relationship with banks, auditors & statutory bodies
- Strong IT skills, including experience of business systems and a high level of proficiency with Excel
- Able to commit to achieving goals and deadlines, while demonstrating a flexible and “can-do” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills, communicates and listens well, persuasive and influential
- An accomplished & collaborative level-headed finance leader who is able to work with cross functional teams
- Leads by example, consistently displays high ethical standards, integrity, trust, models professional behaviour in line with the Company Values, develops people and builds teams
- A self-starter who is comfortable with multi-tasking and displays a methodical and organised approach to work
- A strategic thinker, balances complex multiple tasks simultaneously and makes well informed decisions.
- Resilient, calm under pressure and meets tight timescales; resolves problems and manages competing demands
- Has the ability to challenge at all levels; ask probing and difficult questions on financial direction & decision making
- Willingness to travel abroad on business when required.
This posting is just an outline of the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position, there is more to being a member of the team, so just keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of everything the job will entail. Your duties, responsibilities and activities may change as per business requirements.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. Mail CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements/customer demographics.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . We urge majority of the Hiring Managers who work with us to use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Nature of the job, Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business/customers. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.