Title: CHEF – QC/Research & Production
Location: Jebel Ali – Dubai
Salary: AED 24K+
NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes
The Innovation Chef will be responsible to create new recipes, develop industrialized procedures and instruct team members through each step of the manufacturing process. He/She will also make corrections to the new recipes process. The Innovation Chef must be familiar with all of the capabilities of our industrial equipment in addition to the equipment available in the School Nutrition division. The chef will develop testing procedures for each processing station.
In this role the Chef will work with many of the different Team Members. The chef must win over all those he interacts with directly. The chef should provide a daily summary of task he has performed to the unit manager, DM and corporate team and should include any observations he feels is relevant that management team should be made aware of.
This positions sets all BOM (Bill of Material) yields and meal plate component costs that must first be vetted in conjunction with the Plant Manager, COO and CFO before approval. This position works with procurement on BOM related ingredients, ingredient costs, designs the preparation steps and ensures adequate supply of each ingredient with Procurement before finalizing any meals.
The second part of this position is related to all cooking and preparation equipment. This position must fully understand each piece of equipment in use, and create training around the efficient use of this equipment for the Production Manager or Kitchen Supervisor to implement. The positioned is required to observe daily all related BOM production functions to ensure compliance to the same. This position must also create the QA testing standards to ensure all products made within the kitchen meet PM quality standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for creating new meals for Nutrition, Culinary and local businesses.
- Identify RTE (Ready to Eat) meals and ala carte items to be sold to companies
- Develop all recipes for entrées, soups and salads in all Prepared Meals Division.
- Industrialize all recipes , create formulations for each department to process all new products and recipes.
- Develop the accountability procedures for all ingredients as they move through the plant.
- Work with the Training Department to properly document the training needed for procedures.
- Established training standards for all kitchen and Preparation equipment so team can be trained in efficient use and turns.
- Train all the equipment operators how to follow formulation. Create testing procedures to ensure that before the product moves forward all quality control points are satisfied.
- Train machine operators to make the new product –get them to sign a sign off they understand how this recipe supposed to be made.
- Create plating instructions for assembly, Have team sigh off they are ready to accept responsibility to produce this product are set out in our formulations.
- Develop quality-control testing procedures for all new products.
- Conduct test tasting focus groups with all of our senior clients so they adopt our new meals quickly.
- Review of existing recipes for accuracy. Where practical condense recipes and ingredients for ease in recipe creation.
- Assist in planning of meals to reduce changeovers on the assembly line.
- Understand all of the plant equipment so that you can maximize equipment efficiency.
- Make sure will work is performed in a safe manner at all times.
- Responsible for creating finished meals. This includes all preparation steps, absorbed labor and costs. And updating as required but updating only with prior approval of the COO.
- Must have willingness to learn and fully understand the MRP, and review meal plate costs to ensure the PM stays within the meals costs set by each program.
- Establishes all yields and preparation and cooking process by item and systematically compares these costs to actual.
- Responsible for all BOM related costs and actions.
- Develop a catalogue of products that the plant makes efficiently and within the costs guidelines. List all center of plate and sides so perspective customers can create their own meals combinations.
- Develops food quality testing standards for QA around each finished product to ensure the finished product meets standards in terms of look, tastes, viscosity etc.
- Observes line portioning occasionally and measures to Gold Standard.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management for the kitchen and your team that mirrors the mission and core values of the Plant.
- Develop plan in conjunction with Safety Team around all food preparation and cooking techniques to reduce accidents and claims.
STRATEGIC OBVECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Team –Ensure each preparation process and ingredient used in production is carefully thought through and designed to meet both meal component costs and labor throughputs and can be easily processed. Take the lead responsibility and a proactive role for ensuring the kitchen team is following process properly.
Product — Use your professional knowledge, logistical and operational skills. Set up simple QA tests to ensure the finished goods meet the standards that have been set for consistency and quality. Develop ways to quickly identify and correct issues/concerns for continuous product handling improvement.
- Business Acumen
- Listening Skills
- Problem Solving/Logistics/ Time Management
- Leadership/ Adaptive Change
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Management
As an executive, it is expected that you will follow company policy and exhibit personal behavior consistent with our organizational culture and necessary for us to accomplish our Strategic Objectives. All activities and interactions you have on behalf of the company shall be guided by the following principles:
- Integrity — Do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it or be responsible for the consequences.
- Authenticity — Keep it real. Be open with what is working and what isn’t.
- Teamwork — Create an environment where teamwork can enhance performance and create opportunity.
- Safety – Create a safe working environment.
- Professional Development
- Conclude all mandatory training timely
Be receptive to performance assessments to improve your effectiveness. Take direction as required to stay in alignment with individual and company goals.
You must lead by example, your personal behavior should be a model for other Team Members to follow.
The chef will be required to travel and attend shows throughout the country. The chef must stay abreast of what is new and upcoming in the culinary world. Each year this schedule of shows that are relevant to our business model will determined at goal setting time. Share new findings and Developments with Senior Management Team.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role. CVs to Resume@macgroup.me
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications if you have not had notification from us within 24 hours please take your application as not being successful this time, we will keep your details in the database for future opportunities.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.*
* Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.