Sourcing Specialist / Buyer – Garment Factory
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and coordinate with them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment. • Review purchase order and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
• Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
• Represent companies in negotiating and formulating policies with suppliers.
• Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for each purchase.
• Direct and coordinate activities engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
• Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
• Implement procurement strategy and policies. • Forecast procurement needs.
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
• Identify and develop training opportunities. • Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved.
• Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
• Maintain procurement files.
• Track Purchasing activity
• Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
• Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new products.
• Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
• Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor of Business Administration • Candidates should have minimum of 4-5 years experience in garments retail management in the same post.