Position: Logistics & Packaging Manager
Location: Jebel Ali, Dubai
Sector : FMCG/F&B
Salary: AED 12,000.00 /Month(Possibility of an increase of AED 3,000 on successful completion of probationary period)
Job Type: Full-time(Saturday-Thursday)
Other Benefits: Medical Insurance + Annual Airfare for self
Driving License: U.A.E Driving License
The Logistics & Packaging Manager is responsible for coordinating the storage, transportation and delivery of goods. He will also be responsible for the packaging department.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Analyze and solve logistics problems in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the deliveries, packaging and portioning departments.
- Ensure all KPI’s are met on a monthly and daily basis
- Ensure that spending is kept within budget assigned to each department
- Be creative in solving different problems if and when the arise
- To maintain control over complaints of each department and see where they originate from.
- Make sure all staff is following proper ISO22000 standards of operation.
- Making sure all staff is properly groomed.
- Make sure all changes are implemented and maintain a steady streamline as not to disrupt the production and flow.
- Compile monthly reports for senior management and accounts.
- Maintain control over the petty cash for petrol and other items.
- Arrange all catering events and ensure they do not disrupt the flow of work.
- To make sure all daily deadlines are met.
- Solve any problems that arise from the daily operation.
- Report any problems that have been solved with the solution.
- Complete any instructions given from Senior Management in a timely manner
- Compile daily report of hours that staff has worked and approve OT if it is needed
- Make sure packaging meets deadlines
- Make sure all outlet items are received on time and in full
- Make sure all requisitions are correct and correct amounts have been ordered as to prevent waste
- Make sure all items are portioned correct so as not to over or under produce
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance to all Health and Safety legislation / guidelines for self and staff at all times.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained in the department at all times.
- Brief staff weekly on operational targets and achievements.
- Escalate issues to senior management within an appropriate time frame.
- Provide management with end of day / shift handover information.
- Any other duties as and when identified
- Graduation/Diploma of equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 yrs of experience out of which 3 years’ experience in supervisor role within the U.A.E
- Knowledge of all UAE roads
- Ability to speak, read and write English at a intermediate level
- Ability to work with a team
- Good customer service skills
- Good communications skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for work